Welcome, 2011! It's that time of the year for new beginnings, new dreams, and new adventures. 2010 had it's ups and downs so I'm embracing 2011 in hopes that it'll be a more steady ride. Hmmm...let's see if I can sum up 2010 in this entry. Well, in one word: WEDDING.
My husband and I (saying that still gets me every time) got married this past October. 10-10-10 to be exact. :) He proposed to me November of 2009 in Paris so we had a little under a year to plan everything. Whoever said planning a wedding is fun was lying! We had some help from our family and friends, but being the control freak that I am, I had to triple check everything. I guess you can say it was worth it because we had our destination wedding in Hawaii (yes, "real original"...but I always wanted to get married there!) and it was small, intimate, and just what we wanted.
We headed back to Europe for our honeymoon. Ten days in the beautiful Italia. The first two days were pretty rough because we went through three different time zones in one day. We landed in Jersey from Hawaii at 7am, then flew back out to Italy at 7pm. Oh yeah.... and the airline lost our luggage and we didn't get it until our second day. Needless to say, it's a honeymoon to remember.
I still feel like I didn't have time to take a breather because once we got back, we moved into our new place. Then it was hubby's birthday, then Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's! Our place is still a work in progress, but the important things are pretty much done. I was excited because I finally have my own kitchen and appliances to enjoy cooking. :) I seriously should've gone to culinary school..haha. I find cooking/baking just as relaxing as reading a good book. Although I still need to perfect the Filipino dishes - the only thing I'm good at is sinigang. ;)
I guess that's pretty much it. I'm just enjoying the new chapter in my life and taking it day by day. One of my 'resolutions' is to get back to writing, even if it's just a random blog that no one probably even looks at. But to my faithful readers, enjoy the new year and come back soon...ciao!
xoxo
-G