2011 has been a rollercoaster of emotions. I've been faced with so many challenges, but past experience has taught me to always look for the silver lining. Half the year has gone by so quickly that I decided to hit the pause button for a moment to sit down and write. My best friend, my husband, has served as my human diary for the past six years, but I figure I'll give him a break for tonight.
...I miss her so. It's still hard for me to stay in places where she used to dwell. I look forward to the day when I'll be able to see her and my father again.
...I took a must needed vacation to get away from the tri-state area. One week of sun, Mickey Mouse, and butterbeer from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter brought my smiles back. I even ended up purchasing a timeshare. It was only a matter of time anyway. =P
...Another job opportunity came my way, which I gladly accepted. Only downside: back to the old stomping grounds. Oh wait, there's another downside: 2 jobs/2 different careers = 1 day off a week. I am now a walking zombie.
...I had the honor of seeing one of greatest artists perform live last Friday. She was amazing and still so damn sexy. The highlight of my night was when she sang our wedding song. "I swear the whole world could feel my heart beat." =*) Sade, you're timeless.
...I've realized (again) that certain circumstances will show one's true colors. I know there are things beyond my control, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Only time will tell.
Well this carriage is about to turn into a pumpkin, so I shall stop here. Back to grown-up thoughts like primary care physician, mortgage rates, grocery list, and PSE&G. Damn, I wish I was a toysRus kiddie.